African centre for peace and human life (ACFPHL) was founded in 2011 as a nonprofit organization committed to creating lasting solutions to African challenges such as conflicts, poverty, diseases and injustice in societies. It was founded by Mr. Ronald Ainebyona after interactions, visitations and felt concerned of the critical problems people were passing through and bearing in mind his dream to help the vulnerable in his country he started this organization with aim of fulfilling his dream. It is from this perspective that ACFPHL was formed in the due course ACFPHL was not founded on religious, tribe, race boundary and colour, it is for all challenged individuals and communities.
African centre for peace and human life is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, relief, development, advocacy and humanitarian non government organization dedicated to working with refugees, children, women, elderly families and vulnerable communities to overcome instabilities, diseases, poverty and injustice in Uganda.
- Non governmental
- Non partisan
- Non religious
- Non racial
- Non profit making
- Non political
- Social and civil society organization
- Respect for human rights
- Maintain a vision
- Comprehensive viewpoint
- Nonprofit integrity
- Cooperation beyond boarders
- Service beyond self
The Pact primary focuses are: –
- Humanitarian Emergency Assistance
- Community Development
- Conflict resolution and peace building.
- Education/Vocational studies
- Agricultural and Environmental issues
- Entrepreneurial Development
- General Human rights
To provide humanitarian aid and relief to areas and people affected by internal, external conflicts, natural disasters, calamities
To promote, preserve, secure and restore the values, ideals, principles and fundamentals of human rights and democracy.
To implement community based programs that create awareness of the needs, problems and dreams of young people and promote mutual responsibility and support among the youth.
To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger among all communities through rising incomes and self help projects, business ideas for rural development initiative and promote food security.
To establish, operate and promote charitable and education institutions and programs locally and nationally that provide life skills among youth and vulnerable.
To improve and promote better health, sanitation, services needs programs, awareness campaigns with focus on children women and vulnerable issues.
To promote gender equality and empower women to strengthen their role and contribution of women to focus on their integration in their development process in societies.
To implement, promote environmental sustainability, development through massive awareness campaigns and supply of environmental information and literature materials to the entire public.
To provide and promote quality access to justice and improve service delivery and legal Aid services through pro-bono.
To establish and assist in the provision and promotion of feeding programs and or homes for street children, elderly, AIDS victims, orphans, disabled by construction of homes maintenance and support of such programs.
To promote and source accessible transport and communication equipment for the disabled and promote road safety initiatives for their comfortability.
To create awareness through sensitization and publicity on the plight of the community and seek redress on the various vital goals of development.
To provide capacity building to various fields with inadequate knowledge, skills to strengthen them.
To carryout research on different issues that affect individuals, communities and need to be addressed publically.
To collaborate, communicate sympathetically and promote good understanding between peoples, boarders, communities and faith in resolution of disputes, conflicts and misunderstanding for the purpose of promoting human dignity and all mankind.
- ACFPHL has defined structure including General Assembly, Vision Bearer, Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- The structure determines chain of command and hierarchy of responsibility within ACFPHL
- The general assembly is the highest decision making organ approving policies and reviewing achievement and plans
- The Board of directors is the planning and policy making body of the organization which controlling and approving the all activities by the Executive Committee.
- The Chief Executive Director is the head of executive committee that is responsible for the implementation of the programs and daily management activities.
ACFPHL Management Staff
- ACFPHL has access for all skilled and experienced professionals who have capacity and competent to involve all the desired activities that promotes the Goal and Objectives of the Organization.
- The professional staff of Management whom periodically review their activities to appraise and provide them Human resource development trainings on the job trainings and technical assistance to undertake systematically their duties and responsibilities in all fields.